Saturday 31 May 2014

Moving forward

                 

The BSBP (see my reveal post here) has provided me with a lot of confidence to move forward with my jewellery making. I received some wonderful encouragement from all the participants and the compliments on my wirework really spurred me on to experiment more with wire. I also received some good advice froma friend who told me that she loves my large art pieces by that there was nothing wrong with scaling things back and exploring the possibilities of popular and saleable items. I will always do one of a kind but I did a bit of a search of "popular" to see what would appeal to me. As an avid fan of Revenge I see that the infinity symbol trend is still going strong. I wanted to incorporate this into something but didn't want it to be really obvious. I decided to do a copper wire prototype and this is what I came up with. I really enjoy working with wire. It's complex enough to stop me from getting bored but simple enough to do in a day. I wore this yesterday and I feel I've come a long way since I first tried wire. It fits, there are no sharp edges, it sits well and I like it. I might make a similar one in silver but of course it will look different. I am in between working on a really large freeform design. If I can manage to stock up on a few designs of bracelets and necklaces I may take the next step of booking a stall at the school markets. I will see where my crazy life takes me. 

8 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment