This is the first piece of the operation in progress: a rosary style necklace.
I am thinking of doing a tutorial for this. I have never tried a tutorial before because my style is a little ad lib but this is simple enough for those beginners that ask me questions about the hows and whats to get started. For now you can see some of the materials I use:
- size 10-12 beading needles
- Nymo (I need to get my hands on O because the D is a little thick for some of my projects).
- Here, in the spirit of de-stashing I have used some size 9 Gutterman rocailles but I would like to try it with 11 Delecas as it is not as neat as I want it to be.
- I have a quick unpick there but this is not a regular thing (I put it away when I snagged the Nymo on it by accident).
- You can't see it here but I use Thread Heaven thread conditioner to prevent fraying.
- I also use a bead mat which you can pick up cheaply from bead suppliers, they help those slippery little suckers from rolling away.
- I like to transfer my beads to the little pallets as they keep neatly and I can see colour combos but I usually don't store them long term here because they are a little fickle in whether they are going to have a really tight lid or a really loose one but while they are on the tray and not travelling, they are fine.
- I use a tray for portability because I have no space...waaaaahhhhh.